Everything you need to develop a solution with the Astrocast IoT network
Reliable connection thanks to acknowledged messages from and to your IoT assets.
Compact system size and affordable data plans enable a cost-effective global communication service.
Optimized hardware, communication protocol and network for low energy operation and longest battery life.
- State-of-the-art nanosatellites, 5 kg class, Swiss made
- LEO, sun-synchronous and equatorial orbits
- Redundancy of critical satellite components
- Extra capacity in orbit, guaranteeing service reliability
- Propulsion and deorbiting capabilities to avoid debris in space
- Controlled lifetime to keep the best performance in orbit and allow new features to be added to the network
CHIPSET AND MODULE
- Proprietary low-power L-band chipset
- Chip is integrated into the Astronode S module
- Ease of integration (solder-down)
- Fully optimized for direct-to-satellite IoT applications
- Can be used with different antennas, depending on the applications
- Optimized for LEO satellites network
- Bidirectional communication enabling acknowledgments, asset commands, deployment of security patches and software updates
- Unicast/multicast capabilities, one-to-one connection versus one-to-many
- L-band is the radio spectrum from 1 to 2 gigahertz (GHz), it is the most efficient spectrum for satellite M2M/IoT.
- L-band radios have superior performance characteristics for IoT such as smaller antenna, lower-cost RF components, better propagation (no rain fade, lower power requirements), and fewer interference risks than other bands.
- Astrocast is the only NewSpace LEO IoT network with access to L-band spectrum.
- Long-term access to spectrum is guaranteed.
- Bidirectional communication
- Low latency with full constellation (<15 min)
- Over-the-air updates (OTAs)
- Multilevel AES 256-bit encryption
- Azure compliant API (pull mode) for easy integration
- Customer Web Portal with data access
- Near real-time usage reporting
- Pro-active support and monthly reporting
How it works
Advanced data protocol and secure data management, end-to-end encryption, 256-bit key.Explore our Satellite IoT Offer
Get your Satellite IoT modules
Acquire our Astronode S or Astronode S+ first. For small volumes, we recommend ordering through an authorised reseller. For big volumes, you can contact our sales team.
Choose your Astropreneur Program
We have three Astropreneur programs with different support data service levels to access our network. Choose the program that covers your needs best.
Design & Prototype
Start testing the Astrocast solution and get to develop your prototype with the support of our engineers or recurring to our comprehensive online documentation.
Enter into service
Once your device is all set and running, enter into a service agreement where you will benefit from a dynamic pricing model, where the most cost-effective pricing model will always apply.
Take your IoT strategy further
Do you want to scale up your IoT operations?
Join the program that fits your needs best; four flexible programs to assess the Astrocast Satellite IoT service and develop your IoT solutionCheck our Astropreneur Programs
Expanding IoT Deployments with Cost-Effective Satellite IoT
The addition of satellite connectivity to the recent growing technology sophistication is a natural next step, creating a complete, blended connectivity solution to support any IoT deployment and deliver complete, global coverage. But how easy is it to embed Satellite IoT into existing solutions and what are the essential components required to achieve both a powerful client offer and a successful deployment?
What is the business case for truly global IoT?Read more
They trust us
"Airbus selected Astrocast as a strategic partner to co-develop and deploy a unique data protocol optimized for global satellite IoT communications and we are very excited about the results of this collaboration"
Yahsat entered into a major cooperation agreement with Astrocast, an IoT satellite operator in 2019. This projects the company’s potential leadership and early mover advantage in IoT
"Our onboard telematics equipment is designed to support some of the toughest work in the most remote areas of the world. Agriculture, construction, and transportation companies are among the many companies relying on us to keep vehicles connected."
"Thuraya is proud of being one of Astrocast's main strategic partners, along with ESA and Airbus. We are committed to continuing to work closely with Astrocast to support this highly secure and reliable satellite IoT communication network."
"We have developed a close relationship with Astrocast, having been deeply involved in their pilot program. Astrocast's low-cost, low-power terminal, with its competitive data plan pricing is very attractive for the maritime industry."
Astrocast and Digitanimal enhance livestock management through global partnership
24 Jan 2023
SatIoT devices and connectivity to enable greater control of livestock remotely Lausanne, Switzerland and Madrid, Spain, Jan…
ArrowSpot signs multi-million-dollar deal with Astrocast
8 Dec 2022
Mass produced ArrowTrack SAT integrated with Astrocast’s Satellite IoT enables global asset tracking Lausanne, Switzerland, Dece…
Astrocast and Yahsat’s mobility arm Thuraya strengthen collaboration through a strategic investment in LEO IoT
3 Apr 2023
Thuraya agrees heads of terms to invest in Astrocast through a convertible loan valued at $17.5 million. It includes an extension …