Everything you need to develop a solution with the Astrocast IoT network
Reliable connection thanks to acknowledged messages from and to your IoT assets.
Compact system size and affordable data plans enable a cost-effective global communication service.
Optimized hardware, communication protocol and network for low energy operation and longest battery life.
Sign today and get 1kB/month for $1, for lifeMore info
- State-of-the-art nanosatellites, 5 kg class, Swiss made
- LEO, sun-synchronous and equatorial orbits
- Redundancy of critical satellite components
- Extra capacity in orbit, guaranteeing service reliability
- Propulsion and deorbiting capabilities to avoid debris in space
- Controlled lifetime to keep the best performance in orbit and allow new features to be added to the network
CHIPSET AND MODULE
- Proprietary low-power L-band chipset
- Chip is integrated into the Astronode S module
- Ease of integration (solder-down)
- Fully optimized for direct-to-satellite IoT applications
- Can be used with different antennas, depending on the applications
- Optimized for LEO satellites network
- Bidirectional communication enabling acknowledgments, asset commands, deployment of security patches and software updates
- Unicast/multicast capabilities, one-to-one connection versus one-to-many
- L-band is the radio spectrum from 1 to 2 gigahertz (GHz), it is the most efficient spectrum for satellite M2M/IoT.
- L-band radios have superior performance characteristics for IoT such as smaller antenna, lower-cost RF components, better propagation (no rain fade, lower power requirements), and fewer interference risks than other bands.
- Astrocast is the only NewSpace LEO IoT network with access to L-band spectrum.
- Long-term access to spectrum is guaranteed.
- Bidirectional communication
- Low latency with full constellation (<15 min)
- Over-the-air updates (OTAs)
- Multilevel AES 256-bit encryption
- Azure compliant API (pull mode) for easy integration
- Customer Web Portal with data access
- Near real-time usage reporting
- Pro-active support and monthly reporting
How it works
Advanced data protocol and secure data management, end-to-end encryption, 256-bit key.Explore our end-to-end-services
From the ground up: the Astrocast difference
What if you could use low-cost Satellite IoT communications to fill in the gaps in IoT asset tracking? Astrocast gives you a cost-effective way to track, monitor, measure and communicate with them anywhere on Earth.Read more
We are here, ready to help you unlock the power of your IoT assets.Book a Discovery Call
They trust us
"Airbus selected Astrocast as a strategic partner to co-develop and deploy a unique data protocol optimized for global satellite IoT communications and we are very excited about the results of this collaboration"
Yahsat entered into a major cooperation agreement with Astrocast, an IoT satellite operator in 2019. This projects the company’s potential leadership and early mover advantage in IoT
"Our onboard telematics equipment is designed to support some of the toughest work in the most remote areas of the world. Agriculture, construction, and transportation companies are among the many companies relying on us to keep vehicles connected."
"Thuraya is proud of being one of Astrocast's main strategic partners, along with ESA and Airbus. We are committed to continuing to work closely with Astrocast to support this highly secure and reliable satellite IoT communication network."
"We have developed a close relationship with Astrocast, having been deeply involved in their pilot program. Astrocast's low-cost, low-power terminal, with its competitive data plan pricing is very attractive for the maritime industry."
Astrocast acquires Hiber, accelerates OEM strategy
30 May 2022
Acquisition enhances direct-to-market strategy; accelerates OEM strategy; and increases penetration within the energy and asset tr…
24 Jun 2022
Click here to download investor presentation:
Meet us at
IoT Tech Expo Europe
20-21 September, 2022
Amsterdam & online
Europe’s leading IoT conference is a free to attend two-day event consisting of top-level content and thought leadership discussions across at the IoT ecosystem.