Last updated: May 18, 2022
Astrocast is a Satellite IoT Service company operating on a B2B model. Astrocast is committed to protecting your privacy and in this Notice, Astrocast details the ways and type of data it collects as well as its policy of data retention.
In this Notice, personal information means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) enables you to be directly or indirectly identified (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information Astrocast collects
Personal data you provide directly
We may collect the following personal data that you provide directly to us, such as when you access our website in order to make a service inquiry, to contact our experts, establish a user account with us, contact our customer support, register on our portal, express your interest in becoming an investor, liaise with our media team, apply for a job or otherwise give us your contact details.
In order to use certain areas of our Websites, you must first complete the registration form and create a user name and password. During registration, you are required to give contact details such as your name and email address. We use these contact details to contact you about such of the services described on our Websites in which you have expressed interest. You may also choose to submit personal data to us via other methods, e.g., in response to marketing or other communications; through social media or online forums; through participation in an offer, program or promotion; in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us; or by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events. Such information may include:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Address data
- Phone number
- Commercial data
- Employer/company information
- IP address
- Location data
- Information about your activities on our website
- Data about your surfing behavior across various websites
- Internet browser and device type
- Interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses
- Employment-related data such as work history and professional references
Personal data we collect automatically
Personal data we collect from other sources
We may supplement personal data we have collected with information from third parties or other publicly available sources, such as contact information, social media profile information, and interests. We may combine information obtained from other sources with information we have collected about you through other means. From time to time, we may offer referral programs to refer prospective customers to us. Please refer a prospective customer and provide their personal data to us only if you have their permission. If you later find out you did not have such consent, please inform Astrocast as soon as possible and send an email to email@example.com.
How Astrocast uses your data
Astrocast will only use your personal data when the law allows it.
Most commonly, Astrocast will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
You have the right to withdraw consent to Astrocast using your personal data at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of data: purposes and basis for processing
We process and retain the following types of personal data you share with us for purposes and on legal grounds outlined below:
- If you have signed to the newsletter and has given consent to receive further information about our products, services or events, which may be of interest to you, Astrocast will process your identity, contact, profile, and usage on the basis of your consent and our legitimate interest (to develop our products and our marketing strategy).
- If you applied to our career center and we process your application, we will collect your identity, and contact you on the basis of your legitimate interest and your consent.
- If you register as a new customer, Astrocast will collect your identity and contact in order to perform a contract with you.
- If you express your interest to become an investor, we will collect your identity and contact (in order to perform our contract with you and fulfil our legal obligations.
- If Astrocast needs to deliver your order, manage payments, fees and charges, collect and recover money owed to us, provide you with product support, send you updates or change your order or reply to your questions and requests, Astrocast will collect your identity, contact, financial data, transaction data, marketing and communications data on the basis of a performance of a contract with you or on the basis of our legitimate interest.
- To offer our website and services or monitor and improve our website´s performance and services, we will process and retain technical and usage data on the basis of our legitimate interest (keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and refine our marketing strategy).
How do we share and disclose Personal Information to third parties?
Except as provided in this Privacy Statement, we will not share, sell, license, trade or rent any Personal Information to or with any third party without your consent, unless we are required to do so when processing Personal Information under the instructions and on behalf of one of our business clients.
We will share your personal data in the following ways:
- Third-party service providers, agents and distributors (“Service Providers”): We may share your information with our service providers who process Personal Information to provide services to us or on our behalf (e.g., to assist us with the functioning of our Websites). We have contracts with our service providers that prohibit them from sharing the personal data about individuals that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else, or using it for other purposes.
- Group entities: We may share your personal data with other subsidiaries, affiliate companies or agents of the Astrocast group of entities for the purposes explained above.
- Fraud prevention: We may disclose the personal data we collect about individuals when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, individuals, or others.
- Law enforcement purposes: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about individuals. We also may disclose information collected about an individual in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Sale or merger of our business: We may transfer your personal data to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in an actual or potential corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
- Advertisers and advertising networks: We may share your personal data with advertisers and advertising networks who place ads (including sponsored links in search results) on our Websites.
For how long do we store your Personal Information?
We store your Personal Information for different time periods depending on the category of Personal Information. Some information may be deleted automatically based on specific schedules, such as marketing information. Other information e.g. account information, may be retained for a longer period of time-based on the Agreement you have with us. Finally, we may further retain information for business practices based on our legitimate interests or legal purposes, such as network improvement, fraud prevention, record-keeping, or enforcing our legal rights.
Your privacy rights
What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind that some information may be needed to register with us or take advantage of some features of our Services or products.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional or marketing communications from us at any time by using the unsubscribe link in the emails communications we send, or by contacting us by email at email@example.com. Please note that if you have an account with us and you opt out of receiving promotional and marketing-related communications from us, we may continue to send you non-promotional communications, e.g., service-related emails.
These technologies are used to measure the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and/or to personalize the advertising content that you see on websites that you visit. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third-party websites, their processing, and/or their privacy statements. When you click on such links, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of the websites you visit.
How can I exercise my privacy rights?
If you would like to access, review, update, rectify, and delete any Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right available to you under the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection or the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can address to us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our privacy team will examine your request and respond to you as quickly as possible. Please note that we may still use any aggregated and de-identified Personal Information that does not identify any individual and may also retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Agreements.
We remind you that you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority PFPDT (Préposé Fédéral à la Protection des Données) should you feel unsatisfied with our treatment of your Personal Information. For more information, you can visit the PFPDT website.
International data transfers
At this point in time, we don’t effectuate any international data transfers.