Last updated: May 18, 2022
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make the Website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
There are two broad categories of Cookies:
• First-party Cookies, placed directly by us on your computer or mobile device.
• Third-party Cookies, which are placed on your device by a third party on our behalf. We use third-party Cookies for functionality, performance, analytics, advertising, tracking and/or social media purposes.
We use first-party and third-party Cookies for several reasons. Some Cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Website to operate, and we refer to these as “necessary” cookies. Other Cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Website. Third-party Cookies are used, via our Website, for advertising, analytics and other purposes.
We use first-party and third-party Cookies for several reasons. Some Cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Website to operate, and we refer to these as “necessary” Cookies. Other Cookies help us to provide you with a better Website by enabling us to monitor the pages that you find useful and tailor our Website to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies overall allow:
- you to browse and view our Website, adapt the content or display of our services to your device to improve your navigation and optimize our Website;
- to store information relating to a form already completed (e.g. your user account) or relating to products, services or information of our services (e.g. contents consulted, etc.);
- to customize our content and advertising according to your interests;
- to gather statistics and audience measurements on the use of our Website;
- to manage the security of our services by detecting/tracing any attempt of malice, computer intrusion or violation of the general conditions of use;
- to fulfill our legal obligations, respond to any requests of third parties empowered by law to ask us to communicate navigation data and/or personal data of users of our services.
The types of Cookies used on the Website are described in more detail below.
What types of Cookies do we use?
The Website uses different types of Cookies as set out below. For a list of the Cookies used by Astrocast, please see the “Cookies Settings” on our cookie banner.
1. Necessary Cookies
Necessary Cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly and cannot be switched off in our systems. This category only includes Cookies that ensure the basic functionalities and security features of the website. These Cookies do not store any personal information.
2. Functional Cookies
Functional Cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages, such as to enable our forms to operate with Microsoft Dynamics to improve our customer service. If you do not allow these Cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
3. Performance Cookies
Performance Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information collected by these Cookies is aggregated and not attached to individual browsing behaviour. If you do not allow these Cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
4. Advertisement Cookies
Targeting Cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these Cookies, you will still receive advertising from third-party platforms like Google, but experience less targeted and relevant advertising. There are no adverts on this website.
How to control or delete Cookies?
Cookie Preference Center: You can decide whether to accept or reject Cookies other than strictly necessary Cookies. You can exercise your Cookie preferences by clicking on the “Cookies Settings” on our cookie banner.
Browser Controls: You can change your browser’s settings to delete Cookies that have already been set and to not accept new Cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of your browser:
- Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en);
- Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies-information-Website-store-on-your-computer);
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-Cookies#ie=ie-11);
- Opera (https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/);
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-Cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac).
If you wish to find out more about removing or blocking Cookies, you may visit: https://www.aboutCookies.org/how-to-manage-and-delete-Cookies
Disabling Most Interest Based Advertising: Moreover, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com (or if located in the European Union or the United Kingdom: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Please note, however, that if you delete Cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all or part of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
With new devices being created all the time, including tablets and phones, it is not possible to list every browser for every device. The best advice is to consult the manufacturer’s website for further instructions regarding Cookies.
Third-Party Website Cookies