Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to strive at building and maintaining the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT communication network to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives.
We are looking for a software engineer to support our existing satellite team. You will help implementing and testing the software on-board our spacecrafts.
Duties and responsibilities
Your will contribute to:
- the development of highly reliable embedded software and its testing;
- the development of the spacecraft test benches;
- the continuous improvement of the software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of bare metal embedded software development with C++, ideally C++17 (core language)
- Good knowledge of the C#/.NET software development stack
- Experience with GCC toolchain
- Experience in Unit Testing and Continuous Integration an asset
- Software: Visual Studio, GCC, Git, Azure DevOps
- Hardware: ARM Cortex-M, TI MSP430
- Eager for technical challenges and learning opportunities
- Good communication and writing skills
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset
- Start Date: May 1st, 2020
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: from 80% to 100%
- Dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment in Chavannes-Renens, VD
- Attractive working conditions (flexible hours, fresh fruits, training, etc.)
- Regular and various team activities
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Send your complete application including your CV, cover letter and work certificates before March 9th, 2020 to Lisa Antoniadis