Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to strive at building and maintaining the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT communication network to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer. She or he will be responsible for the Astronode® terminal and Wi-Fi development kit embedded software, covering both firmware implementation and architecture definition.
A day in the life of a Senior Embedded Software Engineer:
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer is responsible of
- Overall firmware architecture of Astrocast Satcom and Wi-Fi commercial terminals
- Writing software specification (application, MAC layer, drivers) based on product requirements, precursor mission products’ specifications and inputs from external partners
- Design, contribute to implementation and testing of secured wireless communication devices embedded software
- Review of test plan with support of the Test Engineer
- Setup code reviews and continuous integration (automatic build, unit testing, …)
- Support other M2M teams, contributes to M2M end-to-end system
What will make you successful:
- Master’s degree in computer science or related technical degree
- Demonstrated experience in software architecture, ideally in wireless product software
- At least 5 years’ experience in embedded software development (C99 language).
- Familiar with cooperative OS and low-level drivers, using Cortex M4 ideally STM32L4 families
- Experience with ARM toolchain, Makefile, git and Unit Test tools
- Familiar with UNIX environment
- Demonstrated experience in Telecom product software implementation
- Knowledge of hardware communication interface such as UART, SPI, I2C as well as low power mode management
- Knowledge on security is a strong asset (encryption, authentication, memory protection)
- Hands on with software & hardware debugging tools and scripting languages (bash, Python)
- Ability to identify needs, understand problems, evaluate options, and implement solutions
- Ability to strategically introduce automation into a fast-growing startup
- Excellent communication and team spirit; critical thinking and writing skills
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is a plus
What we offer:
- Start Date: May 4th, 2020
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: from 80% to 100%
- Dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment in Chavannes-près-Renens, VD
- May require occasional work on evenings and/or weekends. Limited travel required
- Attractive working conditions (flexible hours, fresh fruits, training, etc.)
- Regular and various team activities
We support equal opportunities employment.
Send your complete application including your CV, cover letter and work certificates before March 9th, 2020 to Lisa Antoniadis