Satcom M2M terminal firmware Cortex C-code porting and testing
Internship context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
In the frame of satellite radiocommunication terminal embedded software activities, Astrocast is looking at improving its embedded software modules testing. Being able to run systematic Unit Tests will ultimately improve code reliability, robustness and overall commercial product quality. Based on a first successful experience within the satellite software team, the terminal team is now looking for an engineer trainee to setup a similar Unit Test software environment, using an open-source software framework. In this specific context, porting ARM to x86 C code is necessary.
The open position requires enjoying and mastering C language, ideally with a previous experience in using Unit Testing framework. The implementation will be preceded by a work package, during which the existing code and architecture will be thoroughly analyzed, aiming at writing a realistic test plan.
- Literature review;
- Contribution to Embedded Software and architecture reviews;
- Setup test plan project planning (Excel, Gantt);
- x86 porting of the embedded application hardware interfaces;
- Unit testing including specification and implementation using Unity (http://www.throwtheswitch.org/unity);
What will make you successful:
- Intermediate level in C language, Cortex ARM toolchain (gcc, gdb)
- Ideally, familiar with Makefile
- Dynamic, autonomous
- Problem solving skills and ability to take initiatives
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset
What we offer:
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Internship duration: 6 months
- Dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment in Ecublens, VD
- Attractive working conditions (flexible hours, fresh fruits, etc.)
- Regular and various team activities
We support equal opportunities employment.
Send your complete application including your CV, cover letter and work certificates before February 26th, 2020 to Lisa Antoniadis