Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to strive at building and maintaining the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT communication network to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives.
We are looking for Controllers working in shifts in the Operations Centre monitoring, troubleshooting and operating Astrocast Networks made of:
- Satellites and Ground stations;
- Telecom and data Services;
A day in the life of a Controller:
The Controller is responsible for:
- Daily monitoring and commanding functions of the Astrocast satellite constellation and M2M infrastructure for proper operation, responding to satellite, services and network alarms (out of limits, status changes, control system configurations, battery charge state, attitude, etc.);
- Maintaining a record of all operational activities in the daily log;
- Participating in daily shift briefings/debriefings;
- Immediately informing the responsible personnel when an anomaly is detected, in accordance with the established procedures;
- Participating in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings;
- Comprehending and applying spacecraft and operations handbooks;
- Maintaining operational reports;
- Understanding about flight procedures structure and service Architecture;
- Performing routine configuration and performance checks on specified software and processes;
- Taking corrective action as necessary, applying the contingency/emergency procedures approved for the mission;
- Handling Costumer calls (reporting problems through ticking system) and following up issues under completion.
Controllers report directly to the Head of Satellite, Service and Security Operation Center.
What will make you successful:
The Controller shall have the following qualifications:
- CFC with a minimum of 2 years’ experience or higher degree;
- Experience of 2 to 5 years in a Space or Network Operations Center preferred;
- Ability to work in team;
- Responsible and reliable attitude;
- Able to talk to Customers and work under stressful events;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages is an asset;
- Software: Microsoft Office, Dynamics 365
What we offer:
- Start Date: To be discussed – 6 positions available in 2020
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: 100%
- Specific training on satellite and services operations
- Work in shifts from 6h to 14h and 14h to 22h, 6 days per week
- Dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment in Ecublens, VD
- Attractive working conditions
- Regular and various team activities
We support equal opportunities employment.
|Send your complete application including your CV, cover letter and work certificates||Lisa Antoniadis|