A day in the life of the Software Engineer:
Your will contribute to:
- the development of highly reliable embedded software and its testing;
- the development of the spacecraft test benches;
- the continuous improvement of the software.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of bare metal embedded software development with C++, ideally C++17 (core language)
- Good knowledge of the C#/.NET software development stack
- Experience with GCC toolchain
- Experience in Unit Testing and Continuous Integration an asset
- Software: Visual Studio, GCC, Git, Azure DevOps
- Hardware: ARM Cortex-M, TI MSP430
- Eager for technical challenges and learning opportunities
- Good communication and writing skills
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment with Attractive working conditions (ping-pong table, fresh fruits, training, lounge, etc.)
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: from 80% to 100%
- Location: Chavannes-Renens, VD
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to strive at building and maintaining the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT communication network to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives.
We are looking for a software engineer to support our existing satellite team. You will help implementing and testing the software on-board our spacecrafts.
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"I'm new to the team. Starting in April 2020, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"