Vice-President of Network Operations (f/m)
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
We are looking for a VP of Network Operations, who will report to the CEO and be responsible to manage the day to day operations of the Astrocast satellite network, maintain the ticketing systems to support customer issues, compliance with regulations and license agreements, and ensure network availability. The VP of Network Operations will also maintain strategic client relationships and support vendor/contractor management, ensuring infrastructure stability and overall network performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with extensive technical expertise in field services and network operations, able to provide design oversight of the Astrocast network assets; including the Network Operations Center (NOC), the satellites and supporting ground stations with our provider.
S/he will be responsible for
- Astrocast’s satellite network operations;
- Ensuring optimal network performance by monitoring network health, security and capacity; including Tier 1 and Tier 2 support, client service issue ticketing from voicemail, email, monitored services platform, technician daily / monthly reporting;
- Directly supporting the efforts of remote monitoring and management across the Company network, providing 24/7/365 customer care;
- Operating the NOC and having appropriate technical acumen to support satellite and network assets;
- Maintaining and enhancing a strong service-oriented environment for both internal and external customers, focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution;
- Ensuring full compliance with all international regulations;
- Maintaining and updating disaster recovery procedures and protocols;
- Developing and managing the network operations capital and operations budget;
- Value engineer existing processes and tools used in the field and the centralized NOC to maximize organizational efficiency while enhancing the customer experience.
- Undergraduate degree in business, telecommunication or a related field; MBA or other graduate degree desirable but not required;
- Minimum of 15 years of combined telecommunications and/or network operations experience, including management of multi-layered teams. 6+ years of field force management preferred;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated success in identifying and synthesizing internal and external customer needs into a concise, clear and influential presentation;
- Proven track record of building successful teams and organizations;
- Experience of planning, coordinating and executing network operations center 24/7 technical support;
- Working with suppliers, contractors, partners and 3rd party delivery teams to define service/support strategy along with operational tasks;
- Experience of defining service levels, key performance indicator definitions and techniques for measuring operations and management of customer facing systems and associated platforms required to collect, measure and monitor performance and availability;
- Technology experience implementing and improving systems and processes for enterprise or carrier networks;
- Knowledge on telecommunication regulation;
- At ease with engineers, while comfortable with customers on the executive level;
- Experience with satellite, cellular, LPWAN and other wireless technologies;
- Understanding of IoT applications;
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized;
- Proficient on PC using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint);
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset.
- Start Date: September 1st, 2019
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: full-time 100%
- Location: Astrocast, Ecublens
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the work week at times including international travel
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Send your application (CV, cover letter and work certificates) before June 17th, 2019 to Lisa Antoniadis: firstname.lastname@example.org