Test Engineer (f/m)
In order to strengthen our R&D team and get our first telecom product tested to the expected quality level, in time, we are looking for an experienced Terminal Test Engineer (Astronode).
The ideal candidate will be responsible for
- Leading the product testing and homologation activities for all Astrocast commercial products;
- Analyzing Terminal product specification documents, writing test plans according to categories and in agreement with all project’s stakeholders;
- Reviewing verification checklists and test coverage matrixes, generating and reviewing test reports;
- Setting up various tools and preparing corresponding test programs needed within R&D, to execute tests and document their results in order to hand the final product over to the manufacturing team, fully tested;
- Troubleshooting test programs, characterizing and verifying the terminal, both product embedded firmware and hardware, contributing to end to end system testing, determining root causes and dispatching fix requests to developers;
- Supporting hardware testing of populated electronics Terminal or carrier board;
- Testing API and hardware interfaces involving secured wireless communication;
- Preparing and participating in test campaigns including providing support to product homologation and transfer to manufacturing and production;
- Ensuring the Terminal test plan allow it to comply with all appropriate regulations;
- Working with other engineers to contribute to product design and continuous testing improvement.
- Master’s degree in electronics or embedded software engineering;
- Passion for testing and troubleshooting, thinking out of the box to challenge test coverage;
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an industrial setting;
- High level of expertise in writing and tuning scripts (preferably Python) and embedded C including git;
- Experience in EMC/EMI test setup and certification test campaigns, understanding of RF and antennae;
- Previous experience dealing with either RED or ETSI satcom standards required;
- Understanding about security concepts and telecom system implementation;
- Familiar with testing of wireless transceivers is a strong plus;
- Hands-on experience with using microcontrollers, UART and SPI is an asset;
- Open-minded and positive attitude, willing to learn and share his know-how;
- Acute attention to detail, excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a highly motivated team, within budget and planning constraints;
- Strong ability to interact with various professions and engineering profiles;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset.
- Start Date: November 1st, 2019
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: full-time 80-100%
- Location: Astrocast, Ecublens
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Send your complete application (CV, cover letter and work certificates) before September 15th, 2019 to Lisa Antoniadis, firstname.lastname@example.org.