Senior Software Engineer – C#, SQL, DevOps
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to strive at building and maintaining the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT communication network to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to integrate our team. He or she will contribute to the design, development, and testing of our data management software platform and support our continuous integration DevOps processes on Azure.
A day in the life of our Senior Software Engineer
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the design and development of a highly reliable data management software platform, including components, databases, APIs, and web portal, on a Microsoft Azure stack;
- Support and improve our continuous integration and delivery processes on DevOps Azure, including builds, deployments, automated testing, monitoring, security, etc.
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in software engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of work experience with .NET, C#, and SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, DevOps, and continuous integration are a plus
- Microsoft certifications are a plus
- Software: Visual Studio, SQL Server, Git, Azure, Windows
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a highly motivated team
- Good communication and writing skills
- Fluent in French and English
What we offer:
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: from 80% to full-time 100%
- A dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment in Chavannes-près-Renens, VD
- Attractive working conditions (flexible hours, fresh fruits, training, etc.)
- Regular and various team activities.
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Send your application (CV, cover letter and work certificates) before May 1st, 2020 to Lisa Antoniadis