Senior Software Developer
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
We are seeking an experienced software developer to integrate our team. He or she will contribute to the design, implementation, and testing of our data management software platform and portal and to our other software-related projects and activities.
Duties and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the development of a highly reliable data management software platform and its services (core components, web portal, API, databases);
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and testing of the software platform;
- Contribute to other software-related projects (DevOps, cloud environments, monitoring, security, software integration, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in software engineering or computer science
- 5+ years of work experience as a C# and .NET software developer
- Good knowledge of SQL Server, ASP.NET web development on Windows with Visual Studio
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, DevOps, and continuous integration are an asset
- Microsoft certifications are an asset
- Software: Visual Studio, Windows, SQL Server, Azure, Git
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a highly motivated team
- Good communication and writing skills
- Fluent in English and French
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: 80-100%
- Location: Astrocast, Ecublens/Renens
Send your application (CV, cover letter and work certificates) before the 4th of February to Lisa Antoniadis