IoT Sales Manager
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
The IoT Sales Manager will report to the VP of Business Development.
A day in the life of an IoT Sales Manager:
- Lead the day to day account for existing and new customers
- Fulfill full sales cycle, including cold-calling, lead follow-up, design-win, closing opportunities, getting purchase orders
- Coordinate with Operations on deployment of new customers with different Astrocast products
- Find new design-in opportunities for chip sales when the ASIC is ready
- Ability to interface well with Product Management, Engineering, Regulatory and Marketing functions to develop strategies to meet sales targets
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the work week at times, including international travel.
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics (HEC) or equivalent education
- 5 to 10 years of experience in international IoT sales and B2B / B2C
- Industry knowledge preferences: IoT, M2M, telecommunications
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- At ease with engineers, while comfortable with customers on the executive level
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficient on PC using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving team
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset
What we offer:
- Start Date: June 2020
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month probation period
- Activity rate: 100%
- Dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment in Chavannes-près-Renens, VD
- Attractive working conditions (flexible working hours, fresh fruits, training, etc.)
- Regular and various team activities
We support equal opportunities employment.
Send your complete application including your CV, cover letter and work certificates before March 16th, 2020 to Lisa Antoniadis