Director of Sales (f/m)
We are looking for a Director of Sales. The candidate will report to the VP of Business Development. S/he will have responsibility for managing the day to day global sales function for Astrocast.
Duties and responsibilities
- The successful candidate for this position will have global responsibility for Astrocast’s direct satellite communications sales.
- The Director of Sales will manage existing and future accounts of Astrocast, including working with the VP of Business Development on the top 20 key accounts and channel and distributor sales
- Day to day account responsibility for existing and new customers
- Complete responsibility for the full sales cycle, including cold-calling, lead follow-up, design-win, closing opportunities, getting purchase orders
- Coordinate with Operations on deployment of new customers
- Find new design-in opportunities for chip sales when the ASIC is ready
- Participate in the definition and execution of the overall sales strategy of the company.
- Ability to interface well with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing functions to develop strategies to meet sales requirements.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the work week at times including international travel.
- Strong technical background
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- At ease with engineers, while comfortable with customers on the executive level
- Experience with satellite, cellular, LPWAN and other wireless technologies
- Understanding of IoT applications
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Proficient on PC using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving team
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset
- Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
- Start Date: November 2019
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: 100%
- Location: Astrocast, Ecublens, up to 60% travel
Send your application (CV, cover letter and work certificates) before the 2nd of September to Lisa Antoniadis, firstname.lastname@example.org