Ref 76 - Technical support technician
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
To consolidate the Customer Service Team, we are looking for a Technical Support technician who will report directly to the Head of Customer Service. Thanks to his customer’s background, he will be responsible for handling technical customer requests and ensuring that service quality and reliability objectives are met.
A day in the life of a Technical Support
- Become an expert in and educate customers on the use and benefits of our products
- Build relationships with customers, help them with issues, and continually support them with a positive, customer-centric attitude.
- Work with customers to ensure they are leveraging effectively and finding value in our services
- Handle incoming and outgoing customer communication
- Customer advocate internally from a technical perspective
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, and other Technical teams to take care of any customer issues
- Communication with customers/end users, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Recording, monitoring and handling of support cases in the ticketing system
- Categorize and prioritize end-user support requests and service requests
- Troubleshoot IoT connectivity and device issues.
- Efficiently manage time to focus on essential activities to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes
What will make you successful
- Electronics/Telecom education
- At least 3 years of experience in customer-facing role such as Technical Support or Field technician
- Knowledge of Electronics and IoT domains
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritise your own workloads without supervision
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a highly motivated team
- English mother language, knowledge of French / Spanish / German is an asset
- Software: Microsoft Office, Power BI, Dynamics 365 CRM
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: January 1st, 2022
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 80-100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
- Due to Swiss immigration regulations only European applications or Swiss work permit holders will be considered
Send your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before October 8, 2021.
Click on “Apply for this job” to submit your application.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone. At Astrocast, I found a multicultural and gender diverse environment and I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"Starting in April 2020 in the midst of a pandemic, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"