Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to strive at building and maintaining the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT communication network to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives.
Astrocast will start to deploy its commercial satellites constellation at the end of 2020 and start offering its commercial service in 2021. Reliability of the end to end service and the overall operations is a key factor to guarantee the continuity and the quality of Astrocast service.
We are looking for Controllers working in the Service Operations Centre (SOC) monitoring, troubleshooting, and operating Astrocast Networks made of ground stations, telecom and data services and security.
A day in the life of the Service and Network Controller
- Daily monitor and command functions of the M2M infrastructure for proper operation, responding to services and network alarms (out of limits, status changes, control system configurations, battery charge state, attitude, etc.);
- Maintain a record of all operational activities in the daily log;
- Participate in daily briefings/debriefings;
- Immediately inform the responsible personnel when an anomaly is detected, in accordance with the established procedures;
- Participate in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings;
- Comprehend and apply operations handbooks;
- Maintain operational reports;
- Perform routine configuration and performance checks on specified software and processes;
- Take corrective action as necessary;
- Handle Costumer calls (reporting problems through ticketing system) and follow up issues under completion.
Controllers report directly to the Head of Customer Service.
What will make you successful
- CFC in mechanics/mechatronics/electronics/automation/telematics/IT or higher degree
- 2 to 5 years of experience, preferably in an Operations Center
- Attention to detail and procedural discipline
- Ability to work in team
- Responsible and reliable attitude
- Able to talk to Customers and work under stressful events
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages is an asset
- Software: Microsoft Office, Dynamics 365.
What we offer:
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment with Attractive working conditions (ping-pong table, fresh fruits, training, lounge, etc.)
- Start Date: November 1st, 2020
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: full time 100%
- Specific training on services and network operations
- Location: Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"I'm new to the team. Starting in April 2020, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"