Ref 82 - Senior Product Manager
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast cost efficient modules terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
Astrocast is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join its team.
You will be responsible for the product management of our Portfolio of Services, enabling users around the world to communicate with their devices remotely through our satellite network. This role will report to the Head of Product Management.
A day in the life of the Senior Product Manager
- Lead product management of:Communication Services, Portal and API services and Customer Programs.
- Communication to all stakeholders on the features and benefits of the portfolio that you are responsible for.
- Detailed research of our market (narrow-band satellite IoT) and the industry trends that impact our product & services.
- Create detailed requirements with strong commercial justifications based on your interactions with customers to better understand and fulfil their technical needs.
- Work closely with the Engineering department, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing to deliver the services on the market.
- Provide pre-sales support and training when necessary.
- Work alongside Network Operations and Customer Service to help support our customers in large international commercial deployments and use the data and insights gained from this to further improve and develop the portfolio that you manage.
- Support the marketing department with content production and review.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Telecommunication, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience ideally in product management, and IoT/M2M or Telecom or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience bringing products and services to the market.
- Experience in creating detailed Customer requirements.
- Experience with satellite communication (ideally IoT related) is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with our users across a broad range of industries, understanding their needs and communicating this to a wide range of internal stakeholders by being the “voice of the customer” for the products and services that you will manage.
- Proven ability to influence and work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail and highly adaptable to a rapidly changing environment as we grow and scale up.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, including action oriented and can-do attitude, focused urgency and driving for results.
- Fluent in English (native level), knowledge of any other language is an asset.
What we offer
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
- Start Date: immediately
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3-month trial period
- Activity rate: from 80% to full time 100%
- Location: Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland with travel up to 15% of the time
- Due to Swiss immigration regulations only European applications and Swiss permit holder will be considered
Send your complete application including your CV, cover letter and work certificates before February 1st, 2022.
Click on “Apply for this job” to submit your application.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone. At Astrocast, I found a multicultural and gender diverse environment and I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"Starting in April 2020 in the midst of a pandemic, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"