Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low-cost terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
To strengthen our Information Technology team, we are looking for a Senior IT System Administratorwho will report directly to the Head of Applications & Services. With a strong IT system engineering background, he or she will be responsible for parts of our IT infrastructure, systems and applications, which includes the provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and security of systems and related infrastructure in the cloud and on premise. In addition to technical expertise and good communication skills, this position also requires a pinch of diplomacy and a sprinkle of humility and humor to herd cats effectively.
- Understand people and problems. Enjoy working with both people and technology.
- Assist project teams with technical issues, identify and define needs, evaluate, recommend, and implement secure IT solutions, with proper testing, roll-out, and operational support
- Install and manage Windows and Linux systems, cloud infrastructure and services (Azure), other IT assets and networks, and for enforcing company IT and security policies
- Manage and monitor the integrity and availability of hardware, server and cloud resources, services, applications, and environments, both corporate and customer-facing
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and scripts
- Participate on our on-call rotation for monitoring critical IT services, outside of business hours, including Saturdays
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information technology or computer science
- 5+ years of work experience as IT system administrator
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of IT security / cyber security
- Certifications in ITIL, Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, and/or IT security are a plus
- Open-minded, a positive attitude, and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a highly motivated team
- Good communication and writing skills
- Fluent in French and English
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 80-100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
Please provide your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before January 31, 2021.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone, not just one section of society. At Astrocast, I found a diversity of cultures and roles within the company. I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company, even in technical ones. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible. Thanks to Astrocast for creating a multicultural and gender diverse environment even in the field of Telecom and Aerospace."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"I'm new to the team. Starting in April 2020, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"