Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low-cost terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
In order to consolidate the Customer Success and Network Operations Team, we are looking for a Sales Manager who will report directly to the Head of Global Sales. Thanks to your deep IoT focussed Sales background you will be responsible for Business Development and Sales of Astrocast’s products and services to end customers, integrators and distributors, and will have a global remit.
- Service the existing pipeline of opportunities
- Develop new leads and opportunities through targeted outbound prospecting
- Assess and categorize potential customer and customer’s opportunity
- Understand and communicate Astrocast’s key Unique Selling Proposition
- Work alongside the Customer Service team during the Pre-Sales process to fully understand the customer’s requirements
- Propose solutions, including price points, to address these requirements
- Follow up to convert interest into sales and revenue
- Act as an advocate for the customer, provide feedback and customer insights on an ongoing basis
- Travel to Trade Shows, conferences and customer meetings as required
What will make you successful
- Minimum 5-year prior experience in satellite, IoT, M2M, or industrial electronic device sales
- Strong knowledge and experience in various distribution and sales models
- The ability to assimilate and quickly understand Astrocast’s network and product proposition and how we compare to competitors
- International Sales experience across time zones and cultures.
- Comfortable working autonomously and remotely, reporting to a Line Manager who is also remote.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to sell autonomously and to collaborate effectively with various scientific and business representatives in an international environment
- Proven track record of building trustworthy relationships with external partners.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, including action oriented and can-do attitude, focused urgency and driving for results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Experience in using and leveraging a CRM on an ongoing basis.
- Open-minded, positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English, any other language an asset
- Ability to travel, up to 30% of the time
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: March 1st 2021
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 80-100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland, or remote.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone, not just one section of society. At Astrocast, I found a diversity of cultures and roles within the company. I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company, even in technical ones. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible. Thanks to Astrocast for creating a multicultural and gender diverse environment even in the field of Telecom and Aerospace."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"I'm new to the team. Starting in April 2020, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"