Ref 72 - Quality and Compliance Manager
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast cost efficient modules terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
In order to ensure consistency of the policies, processes and procedures in the company, we are looking for a Quality and Compliance Manager who will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
A day in the life of a Quality and Compliance Manager
- Collaborate with the executive team and all departments to set up quality benchmarks and KPIs
- Establish company’s quality procedures in accordance with industry standards, customer expectations and competition, and prepare for ISO certification
- Review existing processes and procedures, and provide consulting around corrective actions and process improvements
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop compliance monitoring strategies by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Identify areas of weakness, then recommend and collaborate with leadership for remediation and continuous improvement plans
- Setup and maintain documentation control procedures
- Make decisions in favor of cost-efficiency without compromising on quality
- Provide training and tools on processes and quality to enable all collaborators to achieve highest standards
- Ensure that processes and procedures are in place to monitor the production line and perform periodic quality controls
- Ensure that processes and procedures are in place to audit materials provided by suppliers and validate quality before adoption into the products
- Support investigation to identify causes of quality problems and propose solutions
- Support teams to improve production processes that lead to overall increases in product quality
- Ensure processes are in place to control the quality of all documentation going out to customers
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, Operations or Quality strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar process engineering/quality insurance role, ideally for electronics products or service providers
- Knowledge of various process systems including: Risk Management, Continuous Improvement, Management Awareness, Audit & Inspections, Change Control, Deviation Handling and ISO standards
- Analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English and French
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, including action oriented and can-do attitude, focused urgency and driving for results
- Open-minded, positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint) and process visualization tools
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: 15 October 2021
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: 80-100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
- Due to Swiss immigration regulations, only European applications or valid Swiss Work permit holders will be considered
Send your complete application in English including CV, cover letter, diplomas and work certificates before the 15th September 2021.
Click on “Apply for this job” to submit your application.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone. At Astrocast, I found a multicultural and gender diverse environment and I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"Starting in April 2020 in the midst of a pandemic, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"