Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to strive at building and maintaining the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT communication network to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives.
We are looking for a Production and Test Engineer to join the satellite team. Your mission is to participate to the development, the assembly and the testing of the satellite. Other exiting mechanical related activities to support other teams are also foreseen.
A day in the life of Space Production and Test Engineer
- Assemble, integrate and test satellites
- Develop and improve manufacturing, assembly and integration procedure
- Develop, plan and conduct test campaigns (for mechanical, electrical and environment testing)
- Supervise external workshops for mechanical parts manufacturing
- Contribute to documentation (design reports, test plans, procedures, reports, etc.)
- Participate in satellite mechanical designs and tooling on CAD software
- Create mechanical drawings for workshops
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or microtechnical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Apprenticeship in mechanic, electronic or automation related field or similar experience is an asset
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Experience and at ease in assembly and integration of small and fragile electromechanical devices
- Experience in test campaigns (mechanical and electrical measurements, environmental test such as vibration and thermal vacuum cycling)
- Experience in mechanical design with Solidworks or equivalent
- Experience in preparing mechanical drawings for external workshop
- Knowledge in thermal management
- Basic knowledge in electronics
- Ability to write clear technical documentation such as reports, test plans, and procedures
- Tools: Office 365, Solidworks, MATLAB (Altium is an asset)
- Creativity and flexibility, ability to work in a constantly evolving team
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and be involved in challenging projects
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- Fluent in English and French
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: 1st of October 2020
- Contract / mission duration: Permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 80% to full-time 100%
- Location: Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens
- May be required to travel for test campaigns and satellite integration
Please provide a complete application form including your CV, cover letter and work certificates.
Send your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before September the 30th 2020 to, firstname.lastname@example.org
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"I'm new to the team. Starting in April 2020, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"