Ref 65 – MIE
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low-cost terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
In order to consolidate the PMO (Project Management Office) team, we are looking for a Manufacturing/Industrialization Engineer who will report directly to the Head of PMO.
- Act as the focal point for industrialization aspects of the products internally as well as with external partners or suppliers.
- Define manufacturing and production test requirements based on product specifications, and be accountable for the process and equipment capability that meets these requirements.
- Supervise or Design and develop test systems for the manufacturing validation of products (SW and HW).
- Coordinate the production and testing of protypes, 0-batches and ramp-up batches.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing production test results, improving production yield, evaluating and choosing suitable partners.
- Coordination of homologation activities with certification bodies and laboratories.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Electronics/Industrialization
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar industrial oriented role
- Experience with design transfer and manufacturing transfer from R&D to production
- Experience with test system development in LabVIEW environment
- Continuous improvement and quality driven approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English and French
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, including action oriented and can-do attitude, focused urgency and driving for results
- Open-minded, positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Knowledge of RF communications is a plus.
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: 15 May 2021
- Contract/mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: 80-100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
Send your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before 20 April 2021.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone. At Astrocast, I found a multicultural and gender diverse environment and I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"Starting in April 2020 in the midst of a pandemic, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"