Ref 89 - Head of PMO
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low-cost terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
In order to consolidate the Project Management Team, we are looking for a Head of PMO who will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Head of PMO will ensure that Astrocast manages projects such that cost, quality, schedule & benefits realisation are controlled, achieved and delivered. This will be done by ensuring that projects adhere to the best practices & standard approaches for project management.
The Head of PMO develops & implements best practices in collaboration with entities in place to enable the successful delivery of a broad range of Engineering, IT and customer related projects to stakeholders across the company. The Head of PMO supervises cross-functional project managers and the Quality & Compliance department.
A day in the life of a Head of PMO
- Head the PMO with a transverse responsibility matrix organisation
- Functional Management of future project managers
- Supervise the Quality & Compliance department
- Coordinate and develop a risk management approach with escalation process in collaboration with other departments
- Responsible for setting up and improving Astrocast’s project delivery and processes, using adequate KPIs and tools
- Facilitate coordination between technical, operational, administration and business teams during all project phases
- Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy and deliverables, in a pragmatic way
- Ensure cross-program and cross department dependencies are managed
- Coordinate best practice and ensure lessons learned are logged
- Build cohesion and dialogue within the project teams and motivate the team to meet objectives
- Manage project planning, milestones, scope, resource forecasts, steering committees
- Prepare regular status reporting to all levels of the business
What will make you successful
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering or another relevant degree
- A Project Management certification is an advantage
- At least 8 years of experience in the field of project management in a complex/matrix environment, preferably in the IoT or satellite telecommunication sectors
- At least 5 years of leadership experience, ideally in an international environment
- Great people skills paired with very good communication skills in order to communicate with management and senior management as well as with colleagues
- Sound knowledge and understanding of business, technology and industrialization coupled with an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, including action oriented and can-do attitude, focused urgency and driving for results
- Proven track record of building trustworthy relationships with external partners
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Open-minded, positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Fluency in English, any other language an asset
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: January 2023
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
- Due to Swiss immigration regulations only European applications and Swiss permit holder will be considered
Send your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before 30th September, 2022
Click on “Apply for this job” to submit your application
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone. At Astrocast, I found a multicultural and gender diverse environment and I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible."
"It is a daily pleasure to work with Astrocast's highly skilled and diverse team and to help converge its creativity into market-ready products."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"
"Joining Astrocast in the midst of a pandemic, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done"
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"