Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
In order to consolidate the Spaceflight Team, we are looking for a Flight Dynamics and Mission Analysis Engineer who will report directly to the Head of Flight Engineering. Thanks to your flight dynamic’s background you will have the responsibility to support the Mission Operations and Customer Success Team.
Duties will cover several of the following topics:
- Using Mission Analysis tools to carry out performance analyses while improving the existing tools
- Supporting business activities with analyses regarding the constellation performance
- Performing preliminary design and analyses for the constellation
- Analyzing on-orbit data to assess real constellation performance
- Flight dynamics operations for current and future spacecraft
- Performing conjunction and collision avoidance analyses
- Working on constellation maintenance
What will make you successful
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- 3-to-5-year prior experience in Flight Dynamics and/or Mission Analysis
- Interest/Experience in working with constellation design and deployment.
- Experience with MATLAB or similar software
- Experience with orbit analysis tools (FreeFlyer, STK…) is an asset
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge in statistics
- Understanding of API and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously, showing initiative and self-management skills
- Fluency in English, any other language an asset
- Open-minded, positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with pre-launch/launch campaign of a spacecraft is a plus
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: March 1st, 2021
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 80-100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
Please provide your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before January 15, 2021.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone, not just one section of society. At Astrocast, I found a diversity of cultures and roles within the company. I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company, even in technical ones. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible. Thanks to Astrocast for creating a multicultural and gender diverse environment even in the field of Telecom and Aerospace."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"I'm new to the team. Starting in April 2020, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"