Ref 91 - Customer Support Engineer
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low-cost ground terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to contribute tracking assets, monitor the environment in remote areas of the globe by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
To consolidate the Customer Engineering Service Team, we are looking for a Customer Support Engineer who will report directly to the Head of Customer Engineering Service. Thanks to the customer’s background and technical expertise this position will have the responsibility for the implementation of the company’s product and services into the customer’s environment from qualification to proof-of-concept to operations through design and industrialization.
A day in the life of a Customer Support Engineer
- Become an expert in and educate customers on the use and benefits of our products
- Onboarding of our new customers
- Build relationships with assigned customers, help them with issues, and continually support them with a positive, customer-centric attitude. Provide proactive strategy with their assigned customer accounts
- Work with customers to ensure they are leveraging effectively and finding value in our services
- Conduct on site and remote meetings and business reviews
- Handle incoming and outgoing customer communication
- Customer advocate internally from a technical perspective
- Work closely with Business DevelopmentFinance, and other Technical and Engineering teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience taking care of any customer issues until resolution
- Efficiently manage priorities to focus on essential activities to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency to address and win new customers
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, Electronics or equivalent diploma
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles such as Customer Success/Support/Service, Field Test Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer or Pre-Sales Engineer
- Strong knowledge of the Low-Power IoT ecosystem and industry : Use-cases, Embedded FW, Electronic/PCB design, APIs
- Interest in business development
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a highly motivated team
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritize own workloads without supervision
- Experience in customer project management
- Troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French / Spanish / German is an asset
- Software stack: Python, C/C++, Arduino, Git, Grafana, Azure, Microsoft Office, Dynamics 365 CRM, Power BI
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free drinks and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: March 1st, 2023
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 80-100%
- Home office: 1 to 2 day(s) a week possible
- Location: Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
- Due to Swiss immigration regulations only European applications or Swiss work permit holders will be considered
Send your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before February 15, 2023.
Click on “Apply for this job” to submit your application.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone. At Astrocast, I found a multicultural and gender diverse environment and I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible."
"It is a daily pleasure to work with Astrocast's highly skilled and diverse team and to help converge its creativity into market-ready products."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"
"Joining Astrocast in the midst of a pandemic, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done"
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"