Ref 79 - Business Application Manager
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low-cost terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
In order to consolidate the Finance and Customer Service Team, we are looking for a Business Application Manager who will report directly to the Head of Finance. Thanks to his background in Microsoft Dynamics 365, he will be responsible for Astrocast CRM and ERP.
A day in the life of a Business Application Manager
- Assist project teams with technical issues.
- Identify and define needs, evaluate, recommend, and implement the evolution of the business systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Business Central), with proper testing, roll-out, and operational support
- Understand people and problems. Act as interface between people and technology providing support and training for internal users
- Manage efficiently (budget-wise) and define business requirements for the Microsoft partners
- Customer and constructive mindset and used to flexible / Agile methodology
- Perform configuration and customizations autonomously (data models, views, forms, processes, workflows, etc.)
- Create and maintain written documentation for training and application processes
What will make you successful
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional and project experience in the implementation, configuration and support of CRM/ERP systems
- 2+ years of professional and project experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Business Central is a prerequisite
- Ability to manage projects independently (project management, change management), a project management certification is a plus
- Open-minded and positive attitude, can do attitude and easy to work with
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritize your own workloads without supervision
- Experience in working in cross department projects
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: January 1st, 2022
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 80-100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
- Due to Swiss immigration regulations only European applications or Swiss work permit holders will be considered
Send your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before December 15th, 2021
Click on “Apply for this job” to submit your application.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone. At Astrocast, I found a multicultural and gender diverse environment and I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"Starting in April 2020 in the midst of a pandemic, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"