Ref 68 - ASP.NET DEVELOPER
Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost modems collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to strive at building and maintaining the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT communication network to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives.
We are looking for an ASP.NET Full Stack Developer to join our team. Your mission is to contribute to the design, development, and testing of our Ground System solutions.
A day in the life of a ASP.NET Full Stack Developer
- Contribute to the design and development of a highly reliable software for operations of the satellites and service, including components, databases, APIs, and web portal, on a Microsoft Azure stack;
- Support our continuous integration and testing processes.
- Integrate our software platform and satellite network into the systems landscape of Astrocast and its partners.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent in software engineering or computer science
- 3+ years of work experience with Azure, ASP.NET Core, HTML/CSS and SQL Server. Junior passionate by the technology can apply, but must send samples of personal projects
- Passionate by the web & Azure cloud development.
- Experience with Blazor, TypeScript, JQuery or other JS Framework; SQL, Git is an asset
- Microsoft certifications are a plus
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a highly motivated team
- Fluent in English, French is an asset.
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 80% to full-time 100%
- Location: Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens
Send your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before May 31, 2021.
Click on “Apply for this job” to submit your application.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone. At Astrocast, I found a multicultural and gender diverse environment and I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"Starting in April 2020 in the midst of a pandemic, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"