Job context and purpose
Astrocast, in partnership with Airbus and Thuraya is building a network of leading-edge nanosatellites in Low Earth Orbit to provide cost-effective IoT services to the 90% of the world not covered by cellular systems.
Astrocast low cost terminals collect and transmit data from sensors or other customer assets and transmit them to our satellite network. The collected data is stored on the satellite and then forwarded to ground stations located around the globe. The ground stations forward the data to the cloud database, which is easily accessible to clients.
Astrocast’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment, and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
In order to consolidate the Finance Team, we are looking for an Accountant who will report directly to the Head of Finance. Thanks to your finance background and professional experience with Business Central you will have the responsibility to manage accounting, set up the reporting to internal and external stakeholders and set up workflows.
- Prepare Budget and Cashflow forecasts
- Manage accounting transactions
- Manage accounts payables and receivables
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Prepares financial reports for investors, auditors, social insurance, tax authorities (VAT, income and capital) and other external entities
- Implement expenses, PO and other workflows
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Support to Head of Finance on various projects
- Assist with recommending, preparing and complying with financial policies and procedures
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5-year prior experience as an Accountant or global Finance and Accounting
- Superuser of the program Business Central / NAVision (Dynamics 365)
- Swiss Salary and Power BI is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP/IFRS)
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience in an international company and the related VAT regulations, import/export
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead projects autonomously and to collaborate effectively with various scientific and business representatives in an international environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including action oriented and can-do attitude, good understanding of priorities, flexible and adaptable
- Good resilience to Scale-Up stress
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Open-minded, positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication, team working, cooperative, willing and able to teach colleagues
- Fluency in English and French, any other language an asset
What we offer
Astrocast supports equal opportunities employment.
Our values are important to us as they define Astrocast culture and represent what we believe in:
- Agile – stay ahead of the game and be ready for the next challenge
- Smart – be smart enough to set goals you can reach and navigate to get there
- Team-oriented – share knowledge, trust your colleagues and be committed
- Respectful – embrace diversity, new ideas and value differences
- Open-minded – think outside the box, be open to change and learn from failures.
Astrocast offers flexible working time, team events, free coffee, tea and fruits and great offices, in a dynamic, friendly, innovative and multi-cultural work environment.
- Start Date: March 1, 2021 or before
- Contract / mission duration: permanent position with 3 months trial period
- Activity rate: from 60-100%
- Location : Astrocast, Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
Please provide your complete application including CV, cover letter and work certificates before March 15, 2021.
"Diversity is critical in tech, as it enables companies to create better and safer products for everyone, not just one section of society. At Astrocast, I found a diversity of cultures and roles within the company. I appreciate the most to see women participating in various positions throughout the company, even in technical ones. I am proud to be part of the future, working as an engineer in the space field, which was considered mission impossible. Thanks to Astrocast for creating a multicultural and gender diverse environment even in the field of Telecom and Aerospace."
"Working at Astrocast has been an incredible journey so far, working alongside a highly talented engineering team to develop world-leading products that are set to create whole new industries is the favorite part of my role."
"On a starry night, I look up and see a tiny shiny object flying through the dark sky amongst the stars and feel a wave of pride in our hard work!"
"I'm new to the team. Starting in April 2020, it took several weeks to meet everyone in person. But since day one, I was already contributing and working well within the team. I attribute this to the Astrocast's culture of openness and friendliness, but also of getting things done."
"What I appreciate the most about working at Astrocast is the motivation with which the team works. We know that what we are doing is game-changing, and we are all happy to do our little part to make it happen."
"When joining Astrocast, I knew that I would bring a lot to the company, but little did I know how much Astrocast would get to me. Working for such an innovative company allows its employees to scale up!"